Wednesday, January 9, 2008


A worker spreads salt and uses a blower to clear a walk near the statehouse during snow flurries. I wanted to include this pic because it's just so lame. A Febuary afternoon barely visible snowfall, and it is my job to find a picture, no excuses. After driving around for an hour, finding nothing and knowing that the snow could stop any minute leaving me shotless, I find this poor guy doing the job he probably drew the shortest straw for. And here I come to immortalize the moment. Any other day I would have left him alone, but I was desperate and freezing and in a weird brain hole where all of my self worth involved finding a goddamn weather shot. He was a good guy and even gave me his name. So thanks to him, and everyone else who puts up with the crazed photojournalists.