Monday, January 7, 2008


The streets of Annapolis are almost empty as the snow continues to fall. A nice parting shot, a light snow and holding hands in a deserted town. I'm pretty proud of this one, I can't tell you exactly why. Maybe it's from having been there, standing on the roof of a parking garage as the snow muffled all of the sounds around me, and looking down four stories and catching this couple walk together down an alley.As they came out onto the street they joined hands, and it seemed we were the only three people in the world. Even though they never knew I was there, we came together to create something, art or photojournalism or just a picture to hold the spaces in the paper between the ads.
I have a feeling 2008 is going to be a rough one professionally, too many fuses lit and I'm maybe too ethical for my own good. Well, it's either ethics, or the fear that by letting my subjects down ( and everyone is my subject), I'll lose the ability, the gift, to be be able to do what I try to do.